There are many wonderful possibilities for how the town could re-purpose and continue to use the iconic old building at 5 Concord Road – keeping it open and welcoming to the public and giving it a renewed life in our community.
Wayland residents will have a voice in the future of this building. At a recent public forum on this topic, some of the ideas that came up included:
- A cultural center
- Exhibit space for history, arts, demonstrations, workshops:
- Wayland artifacts for historical collections
- Historical books collections
- Displays about the environment, river exhibits
- Native American History
- Other Wayland-relevant exhibits
- Performance space
- Arts exhibit space
- A reading room area for daily papers, periodicals, and/or other materials.
- Meeting spaces for ESOL and others
- Programming space
- Book drop-off
- Reservable Office Spaces
- Municipal offices
- Maker space
The Board of Selectmen is currently tasked with leading the town’s discussion and decision about what might happen to the current library building.
5 Concord Road has a long and exciting future with our town!